Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I love doing yardwork now !!

Reviews: Fiskars 9240 Telescoping Pruning Stik

So far I am completely amazed with this product! I bought this to replace an older "rope and pulley" pole saw that always annoyed me and got tangled up in branches. With this pruner you can get the cutters straight onto a branch without any hassle and it goes through the smaller limbs effortlessly.

I love the quick adjustment knobs for extending the pole and the angle of the head. They make it so easy to go from the higher limbs to lower ones without any fuss. This tool is very rigid and solid feeling but also much lighter than you would expect. I do not fatigue as quickly as I did with my fiberglass model.

The option to operate the cutters via the slide-handle, or the ball on the end of the pole, is a great feature and really allows you to get up into the higher branches.

The quick-attach feature of the saw accessory is very handy. What I hated about my other pruner was that the saw was always in the way when I was trying to snip, and the rope and pulleys got in the way when I needed to saw. This makes it quick and easy to select the mode you need without interference.

I am a homeowner with only about seven Oaks and a few Dogwoods to keep. I do not know how this would stand up to daily use in a professional environment, but it seems pretty rugged and well built to me.

I would still recommend this tool at the $129.00 MSRP from Fiskar's website, but at Amazon's price it's no-brainer. This really makes the chore of yard work fun. I only wish I had more trees to groom!

No comments:

Post a Comment